3.21.2018

20180320

We are raising a generation where owning expensive materials define entitlement. Where irrational arguments rise because of a post from a social media account because the post does not actually agree with his/her beliefs. 
Where self hatred is everywhere because we try so hard to defy the high standards of our society's 
definition of beauty. 

How do we get satisfied when we cant even love the skin we're in? 

Was bullied since birth because i was (+5 skin) darker than most of the people around. Was called names because I fought back and tried to protect myself from the embarrassment and pain those bullies were trying to inflict. I've been carrying the same pain they've left and the trauma's still present up to date. Ya say im strong? nah. more of like an automatic response to protect myself because of the struggles I've been through. you have no idea how hurtful words can be especially when there's shitloads of them and you're alone. i was always alone. Until today it still haunts me. Wherever I go, I would still think about what to do when I get to meet the people who caused all these fear. I'm still hurt, traumatized, scared and struggling. How do I even erase all of it? 

xo, readysetdrool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THOUGHTS HERE. :)