8.15.2011

Book Review: Not that Kind of Girl.


Title: Not that Kind of Girl.
Author: Siobhan Vivian.
Summary:
Slut or saint? Good friend or bad friend? In control or completely out of it?

Life is about choices, and Natalie Sterling prides herself on making the right ones. She’s avoided the jerky guys populating her prep school, always topped honor roll, and is poised to be the first female student council president in years.If only other girls were as sensible and strong. Like the pack of freshmen yearning to be football players’ playthings. Or her best friend, whose crappy judgment nearly ruined her life.But being sensible and strong isn’t easy. Not when a prank nearly gets her expelled. Not when her advice hurts more than it helps. Not when a boy she once dismissed becomes the boy she can’t stop thinking about.The line between good and bad has gone fuzzy, and crossing it could end in disaster . . . or become the best choice she’ll ever make.


Review: 

After a month or so of trying to end this novel, (cursing hectic schedule and lack of time to reading it), I've finally managed to finish it! Anyway, this book was about how a strong, upright woman, named, Natalie survived her senior year. Even though there were quite a few struggles that came her way, she just managed to sort everything out and came in victorious. I have also noticed how Natalie encompasses just about everything I am, as of the moment. I am having a hard time dealing with my peers (I AM SELFISH. I don't want to share them and that's a the scrape.) And there's this bestfriend thing and the boy thing. Not that I am in a relationship right now, but yeah. *shrugs. I also love how the book was into the feminists' point of view. It clearly shows how much girls are being treated to right now and how they deal with it. Other than that, I've learned a very important lesson, I have to be completely happy with who I am right now. I am not rebellious, nor being such an ass, but I am being myself. I was born like this, thus, I better learn to accept my flaws. <3
xo, readysetdrool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THOUGHTS HERE. :)