12.16.2011

labor.

It's not always everyday that I get to see a mother delivering her child. Last night, I was lucky to get to see one of life's greatest mystery. The child birth. It was a very lovely scenario, tho not to mention about how bloody it was. It was actually not my first time to assist in the actual procedure, but it was my first to see it in a distance of 20 inches away from my face. The first few minutes of the parturition was boring since we had to wait for the cervix to be fully dilated and effaced. It was past 12am when we saw the baby's hair coming out. At first it was kind of sickening because of the frequent ie of the midwife and to add the bloody secretions from the mother. *observed at how the mom was having a difficult time in giving a push to the baby. At 1:04am, our exhaustion due to the long periods of standing paid off. The beautiful baby came out. She was bluish, covered with blood and cream-cheesy glop, and looking as though the little one has just been in a fist-fight. Seriously. XD  There were a lot more of eeky moments, nonetheless I knew it was one helluva great experience!!!!  I was also able to cut the umbilical cord of the baby btw. It was warm since it just came out from the mom's vagina :3 Lol in summary, I didn't have a good night's sleep last night. But sure it was a very nice experience for me :))
xo, readysetdrool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THOUGHTS HERE. :)