11.19.2011

triple the love!

A very inspirational quote i read yesterday morning (at 5:40 am) while i was on my way to the hospital

You're a nurse?? That's cool, I wanted to do that when I was a kid. What do you make?

 "WHAT DO I MAKE??" I make holding your hand seem like the most important thing in the world when you're scared. I can make your child breathe when they stop. I can help your father survive a heart attack. I make myself get out of bed at 4am to make sure your mother has the medicine she needs to live. I work all day to save the lives of strangers. I make my family wait for dinner until I know your family member is taken cared of. I make myself skip lunch so that I can make sure that everything I did for your husband today is charted. I make myself work weekends and holidays because people don't just get sick Monday to Friday. Today, I might save your life. I make a difference, what do you make?" 
*REPOST if you are a nurse or you love a nurse, and you RESPECT OUR WORK.
i am a proud nursing student; never once doubted my ability to serve other people. i may be the first to tell you this but i love nursing because i love to serve. there's no reason why i should be ashamed that i took up this course because a simple "THANK YOU, MAAM" already melts my heart <3
xo, readysetdrool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THOUGHTS HERE. :)